PHC6052 Core Competencies
Relation to Program Outcomes:
This three-credit course is a required concentration core course for MPH Biostatistics students and covers the following MPH Biostatistics competencies.
- Describe the role of biostatistics in public health research.
- Interpret and critique analyses found in public health studies.
- Use appropriate statistical methodology to address public health problems.
- Develop presentations based on statistical methods and analyses for both public health professionals and educated lay audiences.
- Apply software to conduct statistical analyses.
This course is a core public health course for other MPH concentrations and covers the following MPH competencies.
- Monitor health status to identify and solve community health problems. (#1)
- Diagnose and investigate health problems and health hazards in the community using an ecological framework. (#2)
- Evaluate effectiveness, accessibility, and quality of personal and population-based health services. (#8)
- Conduct research for new insights and innovative solutions to health problems. (#9)
- Communicate effectively with constituencies in oral and written forms. (#10)