Students in the Campus MPH program must complete an additional 100 hours of Applied Practice Experience. These may include:
- Experiences gained through a public health service learning course or public health study abroad course
- Public health service and volunteer activities organized by a student association
- Attending a city or county agency meeting when a public health issue is on the agenda
- Serving as a board member for a public health agency
- Other experiences as approved by the faculty advisor and MPH internship coordinator
Students are required to complete the following Additional APE hours:
- Participation in Interprofessional Learning in Healthcare (completed in first fall semester)
- Participation in Afternoon of Learning
- Participation in the Common Book Reader Discussion (completed in first fall semester)
Approved Additional APE hour opportunities include:
- Participation on a Putting Families First team
- Participation in the Clarion Competition
- Participation in the Global Health Case Competition
Additional opportunities will be posted here as they become available.
Please submit an approval request for an Additional APE opportunity here.