The following criteria must be met to be considered for admission to the MPH program. If you have questions regarding your eligibility, please reach out to Aubrey Bonsal.
- U.S. bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- At least a 3.0 GPA for undergraduate coursework taken after the first 60 hours. Advanced Placement (AP) or Dual Enrollment credit that appears on the applicant’s undergraduate transcript should count toward the first 60 credit hours. The undergraduate 3.0 GPA minimum may be waived for applicants at the discretion of the admissions committee. You can use a GPA calculator to calculate this.
- The MPH program does not require or consider GRE scores as part of the application process. Please do not submit your GRE scores; they will not be considered.
- Satisfactory English proficiency. All international applicants must submit scores from one of the tests listed below:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with the following minimum scores: 550 paper-based, 213 computer-based, or 80 internet-based
- The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with a minimum score of 6
- The Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB) with a minimum score of 77
- International students whose country’s native language is English or who have attended a college or university in the United States full-time for at least one year are not required to submit TOEFL scores, but must have acceptable scores on the General Test section of the GRE. For a list of countries whose citizens are exempt from the TOEFL requirement that most non-U.S. applicants must meet, go to the Graduate School English Language Testing Exemptions.
- A strong professional interest in at least one of the public health concentrations
- The Public Health Practice concentration requires substantial post-baccalaureate professional work experience in a health-related field in addition to the required academic credentials.
Ready to apply? Be sure to read through the application instructions for completing both the SOPHAS application and the UF application.