The MPH program welcomes you!
The UF Master of Public Health program is a 48-credit program with six concentration options to specialize in. Each contains core courses that all MPH students take, concentration-specific courses, and elective courses you can pick based on your interests. Our students gain real-world experience through our Applied Practice Experience course, by working with organizations in their individual communities to tackle current public health problems. At the end of their program, each student goes through our Integrated Learning Experience to build on everything they’ve learned.
The University of Florida is #6 in Top Public Schools. As a student in our program, you’ll get benefits like:
- One-on-one advising from a faculty mentor
- The chance to work with and learn from award-winning instructors
- The freedom to pick elective courses that relate to exactly what you’re interested in
- The flexibility to take courses from anywhere in the world through our online program
- The opportunity to engage with your community through an internship experience, volunteer opportunities and final project
Why public health at UF?
See what some of our alumni have to say:
“I think there is a lot of support for students by faculty and other administrators in the program. The faculty pushed students to achieve their most and really want to see each of us succeed, and they are there to support us throughout this process.”
“Knowing that my voice is heard and appreciated is very important to me and something I truly value about the MPH program at UF.”
“Each concentration is interconnected. Even for the jobs that I pursued, they all include components of different concentrations.”
“The program concentrations allowed me to feel like I designed the degree tailored to my interests.”
“I chose to do an MPH because I am passionate about infection control and preventing hospital-acquired infections in patients in order to provide them with the care they need without any additional complications. I knew that the MPH program at UF would most prepare me for this field. The MPH program at UF has a diverse selection of courses for students to enroll in and truly introduces and submersed students in the field of public health.”
The University of Florida College of Public Health and Health Professions is accredited through the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH), an independent agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education to accredit schools of public health and public health programs. Accreditation attests to the quality of a school’s educational programs and provides assurance that the school’s curriculum covers essential skills and knowledge necessary for its graduates’ professional success. The UF College of Public Health and Health Professions is one of more than 60 U.S. schools that have achieved CEPH accreditation.
- Interested in learning more? Check out our FAQ section.
- Didn’t find an answer to your question? Don’t hesitate to contact us!
- Ready to apply? Head on over to our application instructions.
- Want to see who you’ll be working with? Meet our team.
- Curious about our courses? Meet the instructors you’ll take classes with.