MPH Student Named as Dean’s Ambassador

“I hope that the dean’s ambassador program allows me to gain a new professional family with whom I can develop professionally, network and connect with, as well as use my platform to help other students,” said MPH student Jae’Lyn Gilbert about her new appointment as a 2020-2021 Dean’s Ambassador for the College of Public Health and Health Professions. Jae’lyn, a second year student in the Population Health Management concentration, is one of the nine Dean’s Ambassadors named this year. “The dean’s ambassador program attracted me first with the opportunity to be a passionate representative and spokesperson for the college when interacting with all staff, students, alumni, donors, and stakeholders,” said Jae’lyn when asked what attracted her to the Dean’s Ambassador Program. “I could see from the beginning that this experience would allow me to aid those who work diligently to make PHHP what it is by assisting with the organization of student events/activities, prepping for guest speakers and seminars, and conducting college tours where the engagement is endless, all amongst other potential opportunities.”

The Dean’s Ambassador Program is composed of students who are dedicated to volunteering and supporting the College of Public Health and Health Professions in a diverse range of college events and activities supporting education, research, and service. For more information on the program, including an application for the 2021-2022 year, please visit here.