Phillip Hahn Awarded CSTE/CDC Fellowship

Phillip Hahn, an MPH student in the Epidemiology concentration, has been awarded a CSTE/CDC Applied Epidemiology Fellowship.  The Fellowship is a highly competitive, two-year, on-the-job training program that places recent  graduates in mentored positions in applied epidemiology at state or local health departments. Phillip will begin his Fellowship in August in the Healthcare-Associated Infections/Antimicrobial Resistance program at the  Philadelphia Department of Public Health. Currently he is completing his MPH internship and capstone project in the Infection Prevention and Control Department at UF Health Shands developing a patient profile for Central Line-Associated Bloodstream Infections.

Phillip says he is honored and thrilled to have received the fellowship. “Public health, specifically epidemiology, is a rapidly evolving and expanding field. A ‘typical day’ does not exist when working in the field and this fellowship will give me hands on experience at the state and local level dealing with this fast paced, collaborative, and productive environment. I know these two years will provide me with invaluable experiences, skills, and relationships that I will carry with me throughout my career.”